Wednesday, January 7, 2009

On a teeny tiny break...

Happy New Year! I just wanted to let y'all know that I'm in school all this week.

I don;t know if I have shared this with you before or not but I am working on a degree in Human Development. The school I go to is rich in progressive education and the democratic way. My specialization is in early childhood education and child development. My goal is to work with you, the parents!

This week, I am taking what we call an intensive class. For five days, eight hours a day, I am soaking up everything that is being thrown at me about infants, brain development, attachment and the early years. Today I get to check out how a RIE class operates. I can't wait wait. I have to tell you that all this information is blowing me away. It is the most exciting thing to learn about and I am simply itching to put it all into words to share with you. I gotta get to class though so for now, here is a book list if you are wondering. Even if you are familiar with RIE and not a fan, I urge you to read the philosophy. I've worked with children raised through RIE and it is remarkable how confident they are.

Why Love Matters by Sue Gerhardt
The Rie Manual by Magda Gerber
Your Self Confident Baby by Magda Gerber
Our Babies, Our Selves by Meredith Small

I'll be back next week with another fun hat day project! January is full of nifty, odd holidays!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fascinating. Also wanted to say I really enjoy reading your blog and look forward to hearing more about this and your latest projects.

    ReplyDelete