Thursday, August 21, 2008

Cauliflower Projects 5 & 6

Another one? I'm telling you, this veggie is more than just tasty! Project Five:
Set out new paper, new brushes and that nifty, nifty core of cauliflower. For this project you are going to have your kidlets paint directly onto the bottom of the core. If you look closely you can see that the top of the core allows for a good grip so that the painted part becomes a stamp of sorts. They can paint it with one color or multiple colors or paint and wash and paint again. Really, just have them paint it.
Have your wee ones paint and then stamp onto their paper. They may want to make a picture, that is fine. If you want to do project six you can have them stamp their blobs a wedge away from each other with no overlapping. Set aside to dry and get ready for the final project!
Project Six:
Cut out each blob your kidlet painted and adhere to dark cardstock.Have your wee ones turn their blobs into monsters, space creatures and animals using the markers. Cut out of dark cardstock so that you have a border around the creatures.Glue to a craft stick or other stick and you now have cauliflower monster puppets! See? I told you this would be nutty. Who knew you could do so much with a cauliflower?

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! How much I love this project!! I think we're having cauliflower for dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just posted about cauliflower on my blog!
    http://www.pediascribe.com/20080829/i-almost-ate-the-whole-thing/
    So make my recipe, then have fun painting. Awesome project!!
    My kids are 14 and 11, so I'm not sure they'd go for the monster puppets, but a different color scheme and these would make cute Christmas ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A recent post:
    http://lusciouschaos.wordpress.com/2008/07/13/success-with-vegetables/

    I guess many of us feel passionate about our vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so in awe of women like you - crafty, earthy, creative women. I LOVE this blog. My daughter is just two and as she is my first, I often don't know what to do with her. I know that visiting here (and adapting for her age) will certainly give me inspiration. Yay for creative moms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This blog is awesome! I want to clear off my desk and make cute and colorful projects all day (instead of working!) It's great to see the kids involved in fun and DIY projects, I'm definetly adding a link on our blog! Thanks for the inspiration!

    Laura Bamburak
    http://buyersmarketblog.typepad.com/wholesalematters/

    ReplyDelete