The first thing you will need to do is to grab some chocolate chips and melt them down either in the microwave or a double broiler. Once you have a gooey mness o' melted chocolate, toss in a cup of candy corn and stir to coat. Once coated, spread out in a single layer on a cookie sheet covered in wax paper and pop it into the freezer. While your chocolate covered candy corn chills, you can get your kiddos' hands washed and mix up the dough.
*1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened to almost melted)
*1 cup white sugar
*1 5.1 or 5.2 oz box of vanilla pudding mix
*1 tsp vanilla
*1 tsp baking soda
*2 T corn starch
*2 cups of flour
*pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
1. Combine the pudding mix and sugar and add your super soft, almost melted butter and mix with an electric mixer until pale.
2. Add your eggs and vanilla and mix a bit more. Remove mixer and grab a wooden spoon.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, salt and baking soda. Slowly add to your sugar/egg mixture and mix with the wooden spoon until combine.
4. Safely away from the wee fingers of your kiddos, chop up the chocolate covered candy corn and mix in about 2/3 into the cookie dough.
5. Roll a blob of dough into a ball about the size of a large marble and pop a bit of candy corn magic on top, sprinkle with a wee bit of sugar and press down flat with the bottom of a dry measure cup or small drinking glass.
6. Place on cookie sheet about 1 1/2" apart and bake for 10-12 minutes. Cookies will puff up and then flatten out once cool.