Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Andrew Clements does it again!

Extra Credit Extra Credit by Andrew Clements


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I have to say I am quite fond of Andrew Clements. I have yet to read one of his books that I didn't like. This one was just as delightful as the rest. Maybe I best relate to the twelve year olds of his world?

Last night I began reading and as I crawled into bed to finish up the chapter I was on I found myself turning page after page until I was done. Finished! I finished the whole book in one reading. I know it is a kids book and all but the story was sweet, and telling. Andrew Clements has a way of putting the reader into the character's very worlds. Both Abby and Sadeed are bright and a bit too into themselves. Just like most twelve year olds I have known, myself included. And while I may not be a twelve year old anymore, he took me back to those very real feelings in a very real way.

I would recommend this book for any child age 10 to 13. Though you may get an eyeroll or two from the older set. But I think secretly, they will be glad they read it because they will know they are not alone.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment