Monday, October 27, 2014

diy halloween matching game

This super easy matching game was made from 16 blank wooden discs, acrylic paint, glue. and round puffy stickers. Super simple!
I had the discs on hand thanks to being a craft supply hoarder but you can find them at your local craft store and/or Amazon. They can be a bit on the pricier side (at least for me) so I usually wait until the wood pieces are on sale or I have a coupon. The stickers were purchased from Target and cost once cent shy of three bucks. Add some paint to your discs (both sides) and allow to dry on a sheet of parchment or wax paper. I will often reuse my wax paper until I cannot. Or, use scrapbook paper punched and glued to one side. For your stickers, make sure you use a disc blank that is large enough and that you have doubles of at least eight stickers so that you can make a matching game. Use a dab or two of glue to adhere puffy stickers on as they do not have tremendous stick to them. Paper stickers can be pretty tacky and should stick easily without the aid of glue.
Once all happy and dry, your kiddos can use the pieces as a matching game, a memory game, play money, sand/or mall motor tweezing and transferring/ If you have an available piggy bank your kiddo can practice putting the coins into the bank! Have fun!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this takes me back!. I used to make matching games for my class but they weren't as fancy. We served orange juice at snack time so I had the snack person save the metal lids from the o.j. concentrate. Add the stickers and there you have a game. So they wouldn't get too mixed up, I'd make little cloth bags for each game. Fun times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and that takes ME back! I remember when we drank a lot of frozen concentrate. ;) I now have an awesome can opener that removes lids with no sharp edges so i save all of the lids from my cans! how fun!

      Delete