Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Early Education Philospohy

When you take a lot of Child Development classes you have to write a lot of philosophies. After doing this for a few years, here is my final and favorite:

I believe in the child and that all children have value and integrity. All children regardless of their ethnicity, socio-economic background and physical abilities are creative individuals with a desire to learn. Children learn best through their actions and self guided exploration. As an educator I feel less a teacher, more a facilitator or person of guidance, learning more from the children than I "teach". My goal is to instill in each child a sense of harmony with the environment, healthy interactions with others and most importantly a strong sense of self. Enabling children with the above qualities will result in high self-esteem which in turn will build confident and happy children who will grow into strong confident, joyful adults.

I fully believe this and am still impressed that I wrote this. Go me! Happy tuesday everyone!

6 comments:

  1. you should be impressed. Go you! Every child deserves a teacher like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Impressive!!!
    I would have loved a teacher like you... Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza! That's impressive and much better than anything I'd written for my classes. Actually, I think they only had me write one once, and it was a school philosophy, not a personal one. Probably where my education fell short. but then again, mine was fairly clicky too. lol - maybe I did have to write a personal one, i'll have to go check my books now. :) Oooh i rambling! Anyway, great job darlin - I see that as a very heartfelt you and perfect philosophy! YAY

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember having to write my Early Education Philosophy in college!! You are going to be the most AMAZING teacher. I miss teaching, but it's been such a wonderful experience staying at home with my babies and teaching them. Your blog is wonderful and my kids and I are always stealing your ideas. Thanks so much for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! That all teachers, whatever level or grade should feel this way!!!
    Every student is a gem (even the one who challenge us ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. we are kindred spirits...I love your statement, it is very close to the philosophy i wrote and exactly how i feel!

    I did my thesis work as a studio artist by using that philosophy with adults to, making the gallery a arts and crafts preschool for ALL AGES!

    It was amazing. Thank you so much for all the ideas and inspiration in your blog(s). you rock!

    ReplyDelete